Menu for today
- Steamed mixed brown long grain rice & white short grain rice
- Egg-tofu omelette with sauteed mushrooms (vegetarian friendly)
- Peanut soup with pig's tails (has cooling properties; great for hot weather)
- chicken rendang (hubby's favourite)
Recipe for Egg-Tofu Omelette with Mushrooms
serves 2-3 persons as part of a 3-course Chinese dinner
- 3 small eggs or 2 large eggs
- 150g silken tofu (any soft tofu)
- 150g shitake mushrooms (button or portobello mushrooms work well too) - sliced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Beat eggs well. Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Mash silken tofu and add to beaten eggs. It should look like this:
- Heat a non-stick pan and fry the eggs-tofu mixture till it thickens up like scrambled eggs. You may like to add parmesan for added taste (skip salt if adding parmesan) or milk if you prefer something thicker.
- Set aside.
- Heat pan with a little extra virgin olive oil (or a tad of butter). Stir fry mushrooms.
- Placed mushrooms on top of omelette.
Great as: Breakfast with a toast or bun; a dish for lunch or dinner
Modification: You may like to add some cherry tomatoes to the mushrooms for added crunch and colour; or scallions (spring onion)
Any other suggestions?