Finally got around to attempt cooking Ika no Saute. It's a really simple dish.
I scaled down the ingredients as I was cooking for one. :D Recipe as follows.
Ika no Saute (Japanese Sauteed Squid) - for one
adapted from Harumi's Japanese Cooking.
- 70g squid
- 6 tbsp mirin
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Nahami Togarashi to taste
- Boil mirin, soy sauce and sugar over moderate heat till slightly thick. This is the marinade.
- Allow marinade to cool (approximately 20 min). Or else, it will cook the squid.
- Clean squid removing its outer "skin". DO NOT cut the squid at this point.
- Once marinade is cooled, marinade squid for 30 min. Turn the squid once at 15 min to ensure that marinade is totally absorbed by squid.
- Over a heated grill or pan, grilled the squid till it just turns opaque.
- Cut and serve with Nahami Togarashi. Adjust the amount of Nahami Togarashi according to taste.